The Ministry of Agriculture and Forests is pleased to re-announce the following posts for recruitment on contract for a period of two years:
Interested eligible candidates are requested to submit their application along with CV to the Chief HR Officer, Human Resource Division on or before 12 May, 2016.
Terms of Reference for Contract Employees under the 100 Trees species conservation project funded through the Garfield Weston Foundation Global Tree Seed Bank Project, Millennium Seed Bank, Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew, UK and implemented by National Biodiversity Centre, MoAF, Serbithang
1. Position title: Biodiversity Supervisor (Equivalent S 2 A)
Job Location: National Biodiversity Centre, Serbithang, Thimphu
PURPOSE, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Purpose: To assist the Project Support Officer/Biodiversity Officer as well as the Principal Biodiversity Officer (PBO)/Botanical Garden curator in day to day administration, coordination and implementation of the activities under the project. He/She shall work under the direct supervision of the Project Support Officer/Biodiversity Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the guidance and supervision of the PBO/Botanical Garden Curator and the Project Support Officer, the Biodiversity Supervisor will carry out the following tasks:
- Assist the Project Support Officer in day-to-day management and implementation of project activities
- Assist in the field activities of the project by joining as well as leading field work of exploration, collection and seed banking of the target Tree/shrub species.
- Lead day-day seed banking activities (Cleaning, sorting, carrying out viability and germination tests, quarantine, seed banking, etc)
- Documentation of the target Tree/Shrub seeds conserved in the National Seed Bank.
- Assist and collaborate with other staffs of the Botanical garden and Centre as and when necessary in achieving the project outputs and Centre’s annual and Five Year Plan targets.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATION & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENT
- Diploma in Forestry, preferably with strong plant taxonomy knowledge
- Minimum of six months of experience in biodiversity conservation, gained through either regular employment or internship
- Good language skills in English (writing, speaking and reading) and in Dzongkha (speaking and reading)
- Very good inter-personal skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as MS Word and MS Excel
Two years from the date of employment with possibility of extension up to three years based on performance.
The salary will be worked out in the table below. The salary does not include TA/DA, which would be paid according to BCSR 2012 rule.
|Basic salary||14830/-||Equivalent to S2 A|
|House rent allowance||2965||Lumpsum|
|No 30% Contact Allowance|
- Elementary Service Personnel (ESP)- 1 numbers
Terms of Responsibilities
- Assist in the project field work such as seed collection, cleaning and banking.
- Assist in other garden works and activities
Note: No qualification required but just normal ESP, preferably male, between 18-55 years as he needs to be in the field most of the time.
Duration: Two years with possibility of extension
Salary: 7000/- per month and no 30% contract allowance. The salary does not include TA/DA which would be paid according to BCSR 2012 rule.
1,423 total views, 3 views today