The Ministry of Agriculture and Forests is pleased to announce the following post for recruitment on contract for an initial period of 12 months.
Interested eligible candidates are requested to submit their application along with CV to the Chief HR Officer, Human Resource Division on or before October 4, 2017. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be called for Selection Interview. The date and time for Selection Interview will be announced at a later date on MoAF website. For details of Qualification, experience and ToR, please log into www.moaf.gov.bt.
|S/No.||Position Title||Position Level||Qualification||No. of post||Job location|
|1||Project Asst.||S5 A||Class XII Passed with minimum six months experience implementing similar activities, gained through either regular employment or internship||1||National Biodiversity Centre, Serbithang|
Terms of Reference for Contract Employee Project Assistant under the 100 Trees species conservation project funded through the Garfield Weston Foundation Global Tree Seed Bank Project, Millennium Seed Bank, Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew, UK and implemented by National Biodiversity Centre, MoAF, Serbithang
- Position title: Project Assistant (Equivalent to S 5 A)
Job Location: National Biodiversity Centre, Serbithang, Thimphu
PURPOSE, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Purpose: To assist the Project Support Officer/Biodiversity Officer as well as the Principal Biodiversity Officer (PBO)/Botanical Garden curator in day to day administration and implementation of the activities under the project. He/She shall work under the direct supervision of the Project Support Officer/Biodiversity Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the guidance and supervision of the PBO/Botanical Garden Curator and the Project Support Officer, the Project Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
- Assist the Project Support Officer in day-to-day management and implementation of project activities
- Assist in the field activities of the project by joining field work of exploration, collection, and seed banking of the target Tree/shrub species.
- Lead day-day seed banking activities (Cleaning, sorting, carrying out viability and germination tests, quarantine, seed banking, Nursery management, etc)
- Documentation of the target Tree/Shrub seeds conserved in the National Seed Bank and propagated as living collections at the Royal Botanical Garden.
- Assist and collaborate with other staffs of the Botanical garden and Centre as and when necessary in achieving the project outputs and Centre’s annual and Five Year Plan targets.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATION & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENT
- Class XII passed.
- Minimum of six months of experience implementing similar activities, gained through either regular employment or internship. Preferably someone willing to do field work, especially to manage the nursery of target species where conventional germination test is undertaken.
- Good language skills in English (writing, speaking and reading) and in Dzongkha (speaking and reading)
- Very good inter-personal skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work in the field.
One year from the date of employment with possibility of extension up to two years based on performance and project fund availability.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
|Consolidated amount||House Rent||DSA||Mileage/per km|
|11125||2225||750 per day||Nu: 6/km|
1,960 total views, 1 views today