HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation (HSI) plans to recruit a competent National Value Chain (VC) Technical Advisor (TA) to be based at the project management unit (PMU), Rural Livelihood Project (RLP)-Phase III, Zhemgang to support the project in implementing and coordinating components 2 and 3 (C2, C3) of the approved Project Document which focuses on a) Increasing income of farmers’ groups/cooperatives and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) through facilitating multi-stakeholder market chain platforms and b) Trigger pro-poor policy changes based on the evidences. RLP is implemented through the Ministry of Agriculture & Forests (MoAF), Royal Government of Bhutan.
The main tasks of the National Value Chain (VC) Technical Advisor include:
- Coordinate and organise market chain analysis of identified products
- Coordinate and support the establishment of market chain based multi-stakeholder market chain platforms
- Facilitate the development of market chain upgrading strategies and action plan for market chain platforms
- Facilitate in implementing action plan of market chain platforms in coordination with the members and service providers
- Conduct needs assessment and capacity building of RNR sector staff, market chain actors and service providers
- Facilitate processors/traders to engage in fair and transparent commercial trading relations with the smallholder farmers
- Facilitate to organise multi-stakeholder dialogues/workshops at the Dzongkhag level to address key policy/regulatory constraints in the market chains
- Support project management unit (PMU) in developing concept notes and Terms of Reference for organising studies related to Outcome 3
- Monitor the implementation market chain platforms and organise regular market chain platform meetings
Qualification and competencies: Candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Economics or Agricultural Science, over 5 years of relevant work experience in multi-stakeholder market chains, analytical tools, small & medium enterprises (SMEs) and farmer group facilitation, entrepreneurship/enterprise development and rural development initiatives (RDIs).
The employment conditions will be as per the norms of an international NGO for a period of 12 months as per the approved Project Document that can be terminated by either party with three months’ notice after a probation period of two months.
Applications comprising a letter of motivation, educational and work certificates and a CV are invited for submission by July 21st 2016 to: The Country Director a.i, HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation, P.O. Box 157, Dungkar Lam, Lower Mothithang, Thimphu – 11001.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- HELVETAS/PPD (MoAF)
1,855 total views, 1 views today