The Ministry of Agriculture and Forests is pleased to announce the following post on contract for a period of 12 months:
|Sl. No||Position Title||Position Level||Minimum Qualification Required||No. of Post||Job location|
|1||Project Support Officer||P5 B||B. Sc in Computer Science/IT|| |
|Watershed Management Division, RSPN Building, Kawajangsa Thimphu.|
Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned eligibility criteria may apply to Human Resource Division, MoAF latest by 6th April 2018 with the following documents:
- Academic transcript. (Bachelors and Class XII)
- Copy of Citizenship ID Card.
- Valid medical fitness certificate. (6 months validity)
- Valid security clearance certificate. (valid)
- Any other certificates of experience/excellence if there is any;
- RCSC employment forms- annexure 4/1 (please download the form from RCSC website)
- No objection certificate from the employer, if already employed.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the selection interview. The date and time for Selection Interview will be announced later on MoAF website.
For further information, please contact Dr. Jigme Tenzin, Sr. Forestry Officer at 02- 323568 or 17562548 during office hour.
Terms of Reference for Project Support Officer
Job Title & Level: Project Support Officer, Position Level: P5 B
Watershed Management Division,
RSPN Building, Kawajangsa Thimphu.
Department of Forests & Park Services,
Ministry of Agriculture & Forests
Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation and enhancement of forests carbon stocks, conservation of forests and sustainable management of forests (REDD+) is designed under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) negotiations to use market and financial incentives to reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases (GHG) from deforestation and forest degradation. REDD+ plus (REDD+) aims to deliver enhanced carbon stocks and “co-benefits” that includes biodiversity conservation and poverty alleviation. With support from the UN-REDD Program and the World Bank Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF), participant countries are implementing a program of activities aimed at developing their readiness to avail of future resources and financing for REDD. Bhutan started participating in the REDD+ process from 2010. Bhutan envisages that participation in REDD+ mechanism has potential to generate carbon revenues as well as non-carbon co-benefits. REDD+ implementation can contribute to Bhutan’s sustainable development through improved management of forest resources, forest law enforcement and governance. REDD+ architecture will also help in achieving Bhutan’s obligation to contribute to global low carbon emission development and sustainable development agenda while responding to commitments under the Nationally Determined Contributions.
As a participating country, the Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB) has received project fund from the FCPF for implementing its REDD+ Readiness as stipulated in the FCPF Readiness Preparation Proposal (R-PP). As part of the World Bank FCPF support for REDD+ Readiness, Bhutan is currently in the working towards developing its REDD+ National Strategy-Action Plan (NS-AP), National Forest Monitoring System, Forest Reference Emission Level and Safeguard information system including measures for equitable sharing of REDD+ benefits, fund mobilization and grievance redress mechanism for the identified REDD+ policies and measures.
Based on the signed project document, a national project support officer needs to be recruited on contract basis as an additional staff for the project to support the national REDD+ project coordinator in the implementation of the project. The recruitment is required for the period of the project.
PURPOSE, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Purpose: To assist or facilitate the Project Coordinator in day to day project administration, coordination of communication and awareness raising activities planned under the project and implementation of the activities under the project. He/She shall work under the supervision of the REDD+ National Focal Point.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the guidance and supervision of the REDD+ Project Coordinator, the Project Support Officer will carry out the following tasks:
- Compilation of proposals and data entry to the STEP online system of the World Bank;
- Update and maintain REDD+ Website
- Consolidate and prepare technical and financial progress reports in accordance with standard reporting policies and procedures set by World Bank and WMD;
- Compilation of proposals and data entry to the STEP system of the World Bank;
- Coordinate with the Ministry of Finance on timely release of funds required for planned project activities, and ensure timely expenditure reporting to trigger fund releases;
- Assist the REDD+ Team members in day-to-day management and oversight of project activities;
- Coordinate VISA application processing and collection for the visiting consultants/experts related to the project
- Maintain all documents, including consulting reports and knowledge resource products emanating from, or relevant to, the project for record and reference
- Perform other miscellaneous office works (e.g. filing, follow ups, meetings, paper works etc.)
- Assist and collaborate in assignments to other staffs within the Divisions as and when necessary.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATION & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENT
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS Publisher
- Minimum 6 months experience preferably in project management and/or have internship in communication and/or record management and/or financial management
- Very good language skills in English (writing, speaking and reading) and in Dzongkha (speaking and reading)
- Very good inter-personal skills
The contract period is for a year but it may be extended based on performance.
1,103 total views, 1 views today