Assignment Title: Project Completion and Impact Assessment Report
- Remote Rural Communities Development Project (RRCDP) is a five-year project implemented from 2013 to 2018. The project closing date is May 32, 2018. The project budget at USD 9.0 million is financed from the World Bank’s loan facility.
- The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase agricultural productivity and enhance community’s access to markets, irrigation, agricultural technologies and community infrastructure in 26 gewogs in six dzongkhags of Chhukha, Dagana, Haa, Samtse, Trongsa and Wangdue with highest concentration of poverty. The PDO was expected to be achieved through the project interventions implemented under two technical components. The component A Rural Accessibility consisted of two sub-components on construction of farm roads and rehabilitation and modernization of irrigation systems. The component B on Community and Marketing Infrastructure and Productive Assets consisted of two sub-components on establishing community and marketing infrastructure (B1) and improving productive assets of existing producers groups (B2). The component C focused on Project Management.
- The RRCDP is planned for closure in May 31, 2018. The PCR will be prepared to assess the project performance in achieving its PDO to be measured through the PDO level and intermediate results indicators as outlined in the restructured Result Framework. It will also review other socio-economic-environmental changes – both positive and negative- resulting from the project interventions and will identify main lessons learned and produce key recommendations to inform future investments decisions in Bhutan and the World Bank among others. The project evaluation will be based on evidence-based data and information to be collected through the impact assessment survey, project data and information produced over the project implementation period, and any other reports and materials produced by the government and media relevant to the project.
- MoAF, invites eligible local consultancy firm to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultancy firm should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and share relevant details of similar work/ assignments undertaken.
- A Terms of Reference (ToR) of the consulting services to undertake the Project completion and impact assessment report is attached. This is only to provide an idea about the scope of the assignment to potential Consultancy firm to help them prepare their Expressions of Interest (EoIs).
- The Consultancy firm shall be selected based on the following:
6.1. Evidence of related quality assignments completed successfully (e.g. sample-based surveys, farm household surveys, and socio-economic researches)
6.2. Master level qualifications of Team Leader in at least one of the following fields; Agriculture, Livestock, Forestry, Rural Development
6.3. Expertise of other members in the team with Agriculture Economics and Statistical background among others with assurance to be involved throughout the assignment
6.4. Demonstrated experience in data processing and analysis
6.5. Knowledge of local dialects and English languages of the team members
- A Consultancy firm will be selected based on the information provided in the EOI.
- Only the selected Consultancy firm shall be asked to submit a technical and financial proposal, which may be subject to negotiation.
- The MoAF shall award the assignment and sign a contract with the consultancy firm after the acceptance of the technical and financial proposal.
- Valid license should be submitted along with the EOI.
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [09:30 to 17:00 hours].
Expressions of interest may be delivered in the following address latest by 13th April, 2018 by 17:00 PM.
Remote Rural Communities Development Project
Policy & Planning Division
Ministry of Agriculture & Forests
Tel (o) 323745
Fax (o) 323748
749 total views, 1 views today