The Chief Guest of the occasion, Mr. Naiten Wangchuk, the Chief from the Department of Livestock stressed on the importance of the highlanders on retaining yak farming not only for sustaining their livelihood but also for the sovereignty and security of the country. He informed the highlanders that the government will do its best to provide necessary support to retain yak farming practices in the country. He also highlighted on the opportunities that the yak farming communities have particularly in the eco-tourism sector and their contribution to conserving the environment.
859 total views, no views today
November 9, Thimphu: The Hon’ble Chairman of the Druk Holding Investments (DHI), Dasho Sangay Khandu handed over the raised forest plantations of various species having commercial value to the Hon’ble Agriculture Secretary, Dasho Tenzing Dendup in commemoration to the 60th Birth Anniversary of the 4th Druk Gyalpo.
From a total of 4206.86 acres of recent plantation, a total of 2177.83 acres of established plantation was handed over to the Department of Forest and Park Services.
1,145 total views, no views today
Samdrupjongkhar Dzongkhag is comprised of eleven geogs and all the geog people have shown keen interest in the Biogas project considering its useful benefits. Out of 343 targets of biogas made by the Dzongkhag Livestock Sector, 219 have been already completed and 200 more are in the pipeline.
1,403 total views, no views today
The Ministry of Agriculture & Forests (MoAF) is pleased to invite sealed quotations from authorised ticketing agent for travel as per the terms and conditions specified below:
Terms and conditions:
- Sealed quotation shall be submitted to the Human Resource Division, MoAF on or before 20 November 2015 at or before 3.00 PM.
- Sealed quotation should be addressed to the Chief HR Officer, HRD, MoAF, Thimphu.
- The quotation will be opened on the same day at 3.30 PM.
- Quotations received after the submission date and time will not be entertained.
- Bidders are requested to mention the name of airline and confirmed itineraries in the quotes.
- Availability of seat at the time of travel should be established before submitting the quotes.
- Unconditional hike in fare or change in airlines at the time of travel will not be accepted.
- Quoted rates should be valid for at least a month from the date of submission of bids.
- Bidders should submit valid Ticketing License issued by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- Quotations without sealed envelope will be disqualified.
- The decision of the tender committee will be final and binding.
870 total views, no views today