The Ministry of Agriculture and Forests prepared a strategic plan “White Paper” on School and Hospital Feeding Program (SHFP) and established a RNR Enterprise Development opportunity support unit with Department of Agricultural Marketing and Cooperatives (DAMC) in living up to the government’s pledges of:
- Buying/procuring identified farm produces from farmers at a floor price announced a year in advance,
- Feeding students with nutritious food resources,
- Creating/supporting more jobs in agriculture sector and RNR manufacturing,
- Strengthening and expanding small and cottage industries,
- Legalising and promoting informal businesses that makes up 70% of Bhutanese workforce, etc.
689 total views, 5 views today