Information and Communication Services
In 1992, the Information and Publications Unit (IPU) was established in the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests to support village-level activities where the need for information is great. Its role was to support extension and farmer training by producing information materials as well as to publish the Agriculture Newsletter (now RNR Newsletter). In 1993, it was renamed to Farmer Extension Communications Support Unit (FECSU) and later it was reorganized to what is now known as RNR Information and Communication Services (ICS) in early 2000.
- Design and development of extension communication materials in support to the RNR extension programs;
- Publication of RNR newsletters, journals, etc.;
- Production of radio programs for dissemination through external media;
- Video Production of RNR programs and activities;
- Coordination with external media for press releases of RNR activities;
- Maintenance of the ministryâ€™s local area network; and
- Serve as the web portal of RNR information and activities.
- Updating and inplementing the work plan and standards on publication activities
- Conducting client’s information needs assessment and publish need-based RNR print materials
- Collecting relevant photographs intended for publication and video production
- Networking with concerned agencies to facilitate production and dissemination of print materials
- Assembling a team to conduct impact assessment on print materials
- Conducting publication skills training to interested RNR information officers.
- Updating and implementing work plan and standards on audio/video activities
- Conducting client’s information needs’ assessment and produce RNR audio and video materials
- Networking with concerned agencies to facilitate production and dissemination of audio and visual materials
- Assembling a team to conduct impact assessment on audio/video materials in conjunction with the Publication Section
- Conducting audio-video skills training to interested information officers.
Information and Technology Section:
- Designing, developing and maintaining the Ministry’s Website
- Installing and maintaining all computer resources (hardware, software and computer networks) of the Ministry
- Designing, developing and implementing information systems and databases for the RNR Sector
- Providing technical backstopping to the Information Systems Management Task Force of the Ministry.