February 5, Thimphu: On fifth of February 2017, Ministry of Agriculture and Forests joined the Nation in celebrating the First Birth Anniversary of HRH The Gyalsey. The auspicious occasion, was graced by Hon’ble Chief guest, The Prime Minister of Bhutan accompanied by the Cabinet Ministers, Members of Parliament along with other guests.
During the event, Ministry of Agriculture and Forests launched the following events:
- Launching of Integrated Yak Conservation and Breeding Centre, Chonaphu, Haa
- Inauguration of the Park Office for Jomotsangkha Wildlife Sanctuary, Samdrup Jongkhar
- Opening of the Regional Centre of Tiger and Cats Research, Tingtibe, Zhemgang
- Inauguration of the Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Centre, Jigmeling, Sarpang
- Establishment of the Center for Conservation and Breeding of Bhutanese Mastiff (Bjop-khyi), National Mastiff Breeding Centre, Gasa
- Salang Tendrel Ceremony for the National Native Poultry (Yubja) Conservation Centre, Lhuentse
- Launching of National Forest Inventory Report
- Release of “A Century of Orchid Records in Bhutan”, Serbithang, Thimphu
- Inauguration of 100th Farm Shop, Sakteng, Trashigang
- Naming of the newly discovered Dragonfly species as Gyalsey Emerald Spreadwing in honour of HRH The Gyalsey
In addition, Children’s illustrative Wildlife Map of Bhutan by WWF and Policy Brief: Energy Efficiency Improvements in the Industry Sector in Bhutan by NEC was launched.
Hon’ble Prime Minister also awarded the certificates to the National Forest Inventory task force and announced the five best civil servants of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests, 2017.
–Reported by Tashi Yangzom with Photos by Choidup Zangpo, ICS
734 total views, 1 views today