In-line with the directives from the Royal Government of Bhutan and further as per the recommendation of Organizational Development (OD) Exercise conducted by RCSC, Information and Communication Services (ICS) under the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests is now renamed as Information & Communication Technology Division (ICTD). ICTD under the Directorate Services shall cater to the following support services:
- Provide coherent view of ICT within Ministry
- Coordinate, identify and prioritize ICT initiatives within Ministry that support its mission and vision
- Responsible for ICT planning and budgeting for the Ministry
- Ensure effective ICT governance within Ministry
- Set policies and standards for the use of ICT in the Ministry;
- Ensure greater integration of data/information across the Ministry (including with regional offices)
- Ensure better connectivity/sharing of information with other agencies
- Ensure quality delivery of ICT systems
- Design, develop and publish IEC materials to promote RNR activities
- Provide media coverage on RNR events for wider dissemination and archive for future reference
- Focal point for Dzongkha related activities
- Liaise with external media agencies on media request, press release and outsourcing.
In order to ensure smooth functioning of ICTD, all the IT & Communication related works including any IT procurement through RGoB or Project shall be routed through ICTD henceforth, to ensure compliance to standard.
Further, due to staff shortage at ICTD, all are requested to provide prior information for media coverage at least a week before so that ICTD can plan accordingly. ICTD shall not entertain any last-minute request.
Therefore, all departments and agencies under MoAF are advised to cooperate and support ICTD for the effective service delivery and better management of ICT service.
This is issued for information and compliance of all concerned.
668 total views, 1 views today