- Category Archives Announcement
2,619 total views, no views today
This year, the day falls on 5 July and will be celebrated throughout the world with the theme, “Cooperative Enterprise Achieves Sustainable Development for all”. The main objective of the day is to increase awareness on cooperatives and promote the movement’s successes and ideals of international solidarity, economic efficiency, equality and world peace.
Bhutan first marked the International Cooperative Day in 2011 at Gelephu. This year the day will be commemorated by bringing together representatives of the country’s registered farmers’ groups and cooperatives at Chuzergang Agriculture Farmers Cooperative, Chuzergang, Gelephu. In the east, the same will be celebrated by bringing the leaders of farmers’ groups and cooperatives in their respective Dzongkhags. The Tshaluna Farmers’ Group under Mewang Geowg, Thimphu has, on their own initiative, is organising a day-long program to mark the day. This gathering will focus on sharing experiences, discuss issues, challenges and pave the way forward. Besides, it will also aim in raising awareness and supporting the optimal development of farmers‘groups and cooperatives in the country.
1,191 total views, no views today
- There will be an airing of radio program on ‘Vegetable production’ today ie. 30 June 2014 at 7.30 pm (BBS radio).
- There will be a panel discussion on ‘International Day of Cooperatives’ tomorrow i.e. 1 July 2014 after 6 pm news on BBS 1. The panelist will be from the Department of Agricultural and Marketing Cooperatives.
1,315 total views, no views today
As an annual School Agriculture Programme (SAP) activity jointly coordinated by CoRRB, MoAF and DSE, MoE, school children are encouraged to express their views and expression on the Agriculture sector through essays and posters. Therefore, we request any voluntary contribution of topics of concerns for:
1. High school level (XI-XII)
2. Middle SS level (IX-X)
3. Lower SS (VI-VIII)
4. Primary level (III-V)
5. Pre-primary level (PP-II)
6. For Focal Agriculture Teachers (FATs)
1,469 total views, 1 views today