The secretariat comprises of Policy and Planning Division and Internal Audit Division.
Policy and Planning Division
This division is responsible for providing policy and planning services and for monitoring and evaluation of the various programmes and projects. It is responsible for liaison with the donor agencies for mobilising funds and with the other ministries in the government for clearing programmes and projects.
The PPD is also responsible for ensuring equitable distribution of human and physical resources amongst the various divisions and for providing secretarial support to the Minister.
Principally the roles of the PPD are as follows:
- PPD fulfils a proactive and responsive role in providing policy advice within the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests;
- PPD plays the primary role in establishing an effective RNR information system and play an active role, where appropriate, in primary data collection;
- PPD plays an active role in effectively disseminating RNR information;
- PPD plays a proactive role in planning at the macro level RNR sector investment program;
- PPD assists, on request, the technical departments in project identification, preparation and approval;
- PPD is both responsive and proactive in providing policy and economic advice in relation to the RNR sector outside the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests; and
- PPD provides secretariat support to the Minister as and when required.
Internal Audit Division
Internal Audit is an independent appraisal function established within an organization, to examine and evaluate its activities as a service to the organization.