The Directorate services consists of Human Resource Division, Information Communication and Technology Division, Finance Division, RNR Statistics Division and Legal services. The directorate services is headed by Director.
Vision of Directorate Service
Ensure effective and efficient support services in achieving Renewable Natural Resources Goals
Mission of Directorate Service
- To provide efficient financial management and procurement services to RNR sector;
- To produce quality and timely RNR statistics that is comparable across national regional and global level;
- To provide strategic human resource management and facilitate efficient administrative services to RNR sector;
- To strengthen RNR sector legislation through quality review and efficient legal services; and
- To provide a networked information and communication system to facilitate timely access to information for RNR sector.
Mandates of Directorate Service
The mandates of Directorate of services are as follows;
- Ensure effective delivery of common support services through financial services, human resource management, statistical services, legal services and information and communication technology services.
- Streamline the services availed by the Departments and Agencies
- Manage and support procurement services for the Departments and agencies
- Carry out RNR census and survey and publish annual RNR statistics and periodic RNR statistics.
- Design and publish print materials to promote RNR-activities
- Coordinate implementation of Organizational integrity plan
- Coordination and facilitation of Geo informatics and remote sensing
- Strengthen the RNR legislation
- Enhance Information and Communication Technology services
Mandates of Divisions
- Oversee the Financial Management of the Ministry.
- Coordinate and conduct Finance Committee Meetings.
- Coordinate ministry’s annual resource allocation amongst the Departments.
- Coordinate annual budget proposal, review and recommendation to MoF.
- Liaise with GNHC and MoF and facilitate the incorporation of additional donor funds.
- Facilitate judicious spending of funds by Departments.
- Conduct quarterly and midyear budget review of the Departments.
- Conduct site visits to verify the progress of construction works and assess fund requirement.
- Render procurement and tendering services to the Departments.
- Follow up pending audit issues with Departments and Royal Audit Authority.
- Provide budgeting and accounting services to the Departments.
- Render legal advice and opinions on the matters of law and such other issues as referred by the Departments/ Agencies/ Secretary and Minister.
- Drafting of Bills/Rules/Guidelines/Manuals/frameworks or any legislation.
- Draft or review MoUs / Agreements/LoIs.
- Review any disciplinary cases referred by the HRC/ Secretary/ Director.
- Carry out any litigation of civil cases representing Ministry.
- Carry out arbitration representing Ministry/ Departments/Agencies.
- Conduct investigation on the matters referred by ACC, OGZ and RCSC on the instructions of the Secretary/Director.
- Serve as a Committee member to HRC and RNR-GNHC.
- Initiate and conduct trainings for the enforcement and regulatory authorities on the procedures of laws.
- Carry out gender mainstreaming activities and coordinate with relevant agencies.
- Coordinate with relevant Departments to carry out the stakeholder consultation for any legislation.
- Compilation of crop compensation and damages report.
Human Resources Division
- Implement HR initiatives in the areas of recruitment, organizational development, professional development, performance and change management in alignment with organizational strategy.
- Recommend appropriate Human Resource and Employment policies in relation to national economic policies, particularly fiscal and monetary policies, Sectoral development plans, education policies, salary/wage and incentive policies and technological policies;
- Assess skilled human Resource needs of the organization within a specified time frame and recommend appropriate programs and policies on the following:
- Manpower planning models, systems and procedures
- Job analysis, selection procedures, appointment policies, procedures and career planning;
- Training and development programs;
- Post creation and staff strength.
- Maintain an up to date information on staff welfare and provide them for resource planning & decision making in HR Development and employment;
- Coordinate for recruitment and selection of candidates for employment and pre-service training.
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of the existing staff and initiate activities for its continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and promote the management of staff relations, peer to peer as well as upwards and down the management hierarchy.
- Advise management on all HR matters.
- Provide coach, mentor and appraise direct reports within the HR Division.
RNR Statistic Division
- Generate reliable and quality RNR statistics (agriculture, livestock, forestry and allied natural resources) on time in an efficient way.
- Improve the coherence between the RNR statistics sub-sectors and improve the quality of RNR statistics through collaboration with NSB and other external agencies.
- Ensure collection of adequate and quality data by strengthening proper supervisory mechanism in the field.
- Be the official source of RNR statistics through adoption of one gateway data dissemination and publication.
- Carry out RNR census and surveys in close collaboration with NSB.
- Develop and implement RNR Statistics Standards (Questionnaire, sampling methodology & data analysis.
- Develop and maintain a central database for RNR Statistics.
- Be responsible for overall coordination and facilitation of geo-informatics and remote sensing application within the Ministry.
- Release periodic RNR statistics.
- Update and maintain CountrySTAT-Bhutan.
- Provide technical backstopping on RNR statistics to stakeholders.
- Facilitate capacity development for RNR statistics.
Information and Communication Technology Division
In 1992, the Information and Publications Unit (IPU) was established in the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests to support village-level activities where the need for information is great. Its role was to support extension and farmer training by producing information materials as well as to publish the Agriculture Newsletter (now RNR Newsletter). In 1993, it was renamed to Farmer Extension Communications Support Unit (FECSU) and later it was reorganized to what is now known as RNR Information and Communication Services (ICS) in early 2000. Now, it is being changed to Information and Communication Technology Division. The mandates of ICTD are:
- Enable effective and efficient RNR ICT, communications and media service delivery.
- Plan, design, coordinate and develop RNR ICT systems and applications
- Plan, design, coordinate and develop RNR ICT infrastructure
- Serve as RNR information portal of the Ministry.
- Design, develop and produce/publish Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials to promote RNR programs & activities.
- Liaise with external media agencies for RNR related information sharing.
- Provide media coverage during RNR events (news/photo/video).
- Develop and Produce Audio Visual programs to create awareness on RNR activities.
- Provide Dzongkha Related services.