A brief analysis of livestock migration system based on the Livestock Census 2020

This statistical release is based on the analysis of migration data collected from the Annual Livestock Census of Bhutan 2020 conducted by RSD in collaboration with DoL, Ministry of Agriculture and Forests. A total of 48,986 households were recorded to practice livestock rearing in the country. From the total, about 4% (about 2,153 households) was observed to have practiced migration in 2020. Across the dzongkhags, Trashigang and Wangdue Phodrang account for almost 37% of the total migration. The intra-dzongkhag migration practices still dominate with 90% (about 211 hhs) compared to the remaining 10% of inter-dzongkhag migration.”

rsd-stat-releaseFY2020-21-No-20

Click here to download

-RSD

781 total views, 1 views today

Print Friendly, PDF & Email